SFTR is a major regulatory reporting requirement for anyone transacting repo and other securities financing transactions in the EU, no matter how limited their activity. The reporting requirements cover all aspects of these transactions, including life-cycle events and re-use of collateral, and are therefore complex. In order to meet the regulator’s demand for complete, accurate and timely data, firms are devoting considerable resources to the speedy remediation of rejected or unreconciled reports. It is likely that, at least initially, a high percentage of reports will be rejected or be qualified as incomplete or inaccurate, primarily due to poor drafting of the regulation and accompanying material. This course provides a systematic and detailed insight into reporting repos under SFTR that uniquely incorporates the results of the work by the industry (the ICMA SFTR Task Force) on interpreting the regulatory requirements, filling in the gaps and dealing with the contradictions and mistakes.
Key learning objectives:
- What are the day-to-day reporting deadlines?
- Identify the repo data sets in SFTR reports
- List the cardinality of data fields
- What are the reconcilable fields and reconciliation tolerances?
- What are the types of repo report and labelling with Action Types?
- Explain the correct sequence reports are sent according to their Action Types